Friday, February 17, 2006

Finally Set Up a Home Recording Studio



I have been playing guitar and writing my own songs for quite a long time. I have been playing since I have been 10 or so and writing my own songs since High school. About two years ago I finally decided to get serious about recording a home CD.

At the time I did have a Boss 532 4 track recorder. I did have several ideas for songs on this but it just wasn't doing it. I went down to the local guitar center looking for ways to get a professional recording from my own home. I talked to several people and came up with the conclusion that the digidesign MBox with protools was the way to go.

I had talked to a lot of people at the local Sunday night jam session and figured out I needed to get a new hard drive so I did that also.

I went home and set everything up. After a little frustration with the 900 page manual that I printed out.... "WOW" was I ever shocked. I had used the reason adapted that came with protools, the bass simulator from my boss mixer and just recorded my playing.

For Christmas presents I made up 45 3 song CD's and everyone loved it. Since then I realized that a full Professional Quality CD was going to be much more work. So I went to the best in the industry, Berklee college of music to actually learn the protools system. I even went to Boston over last years holidays to meet with one of the protools experts, David Franz.

Now I have a scheduled release date of December 15th 2006 for the professionally produced CD
The pictures below are of the exact set up I am using now.

airfreddy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an interesting blog you have. I'm going to bookmark you and come back, because I'm actually searching for information on how to shoot and edit videos. I've found this site video editing where they have a great video course on DVD's, but it's a little too expensive for me

Regards
Alex

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home